Or 'kithbet neesan', as it is known in Arabic.
They have been foolishly trying to get a government together since they first announced the election results. And weÂve been patiently waiting. ItÂs like being under the threat of punishment for weeks and weeks at a time and finally just wanting to have the punishment over with.
TheyÂve been bickering over the Prime MinisterÂs position for so long now, IÂm almost wishing Bremer were here to once again implement his whole ÂPuppet per monthÂ arrangement as in 2003.
In any case, should you want to play an April FoolÂs Day joke on an Iraqi (albeit a late one- or maybe even next year), I suggest the following:
1. ÂGuess what?! ThereÂs going to be electricity this summer!!!Â (For better effect, it is suggested a candle be broken in half and thrown high into the air with a whoop.)
2. ÂGuess what?! The Americans have declared they will be gone by 2010 and they wonÂt leave permanent bases behind!!!Â (This should be said with a straight face.)
3. ÂGuess what?! They didnÂt actually find three corpses in the strip of trees two streets away!!!Â
4. ÂGuess what?! The Puppets finally formed a government!!!Â
5. ÂGuess what?! They didnÂt actually detain [fill in with the name of a relative, friend- everyone knows someone in prison these days]!!!Â
This posting is curtsey of Baghdad Burning Blog, you can finde at http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/